Posts for: December, 2017
Caring for your child's smile is a privilege and a responsibility. At Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry, we take your youngster's oral health very seriously and partner with you, the parents, in maintaining a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. Your pediatric dentist in Norfolk, Dr. Shabtai Sapir, is highly trained and experienced in pediatric dentistry. Alongside general dentist Dr. Minda Sapir, they offer a comprehensive list of preventive, restorative and cosmetic services, you can trust them with your child's well-being.
What we offer
At Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry, the doctors and their team offer an amazing range of services, beginning when your little one gets his or her first baby tooth. Preventive exams and hygienic cleanings are gentle, careful and thorough, watching for gum disease, decay, dental bite development and alignment issues.
And, each service offered is fear-free, accomplished in a child-centered, fun atmosphere. The dental team offers state of the art sedation options, too, for complex restorative procedures and to ease the nervous or special needs child.
Included in the list of treatments are:
- Oral exams, hygienic cleanings and digital X-rays
- Braces (initial evaluation happens by age seven as advised by the American Association of Orthodontists)
- Plastic sealants to coat and protect deeply grooved molars from decay
- In-office fluoride treatments to prevent cavities and reduce dental sensitivity
- Dental crowns to even bite or save damaged teeth
- Laser Dentistry- Tongue ties and Frenectomies
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Tooth-colored fillings to restore decayed teeth seamlessly
- Composite resin bonding to repair chips, small gaps and cracks
What's most important
Of course, your Norfolk pediatric dentist always supports the healthy eating and oral health care habits taught in the home. These include:
- Offering (and modeling) a tooth-friendly diet (fruits, vegetables, plenty of water, dairy products for calcium and lean meats for protein)
- Brushing and flossing children's teeth for them until they have the dexterity and discipline to do it independently
- Supervising the oral hygiene habits of older children
- Making sure children wear mouth guards when playing sports (including running and other non-contact activities)
We can help
Together, you and the team at Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry can keep your children smiling for years. If you have any questions or concerns about your youngster's oral health, or if there's a dental emergency, please contact the office right away at (508) 850-6992.