Posts for tag: Emergency Dentist
Did you know that Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry in Norfolk, MA, offers emergency dental services? Although you'll hopefully never need to use them, the services and treatments provided by your emergency dentists, Dr. Minda Sapir and Dr. Shabtai Sapir, can help you protect your smile.
What is a dental emergency?
You may need an emergency dental treatment if any of these things happen to you:
- Your tooth is throbbing and you feel unwell: If you have a severe toothache and feel terrible, you may have a dental abscess. Abscesses are bacterial infections that affect the pulp in the center of your tooth. Other symptoms may include fever, facial swelling, swollen lymph nodes, and pus around your tooth. Abscesses must be treated immediately to prevent the infection from spreading to other parts of your body.
- You had an accident and now your tooth is loose: A blow to the face, a fall, or another type of accident can loosen teeth and even move them out of their normal position. You'll need to see the dentist as soon as possible if your tooth is loose. If the tooth has moved, try to gently move it back. If it won't move, don't force it.
- Your tooth was knocked out: Accidents and blows to the face can also knock out teeth. Rinse the tooth with clean water and place it back in the socket. If the tooth won't fit in the socket, put it between your cheek and gum or in a container filled with milk or your own saliva. Time is of the essence if you knocked out your tooth. Reimplantation of the tooth is possible if you can visit the Norfolk, MA, dental office within an hour of your accident.
- You have lacerations in your mouth: Your dentist also treats cuts in your mouth. Place a clean cloth against your mouth or face to slow the bleeding during the drive to the dental office.
- You broke a tooth: Broken teeth can be very painful. Covering the broken ends of the tooth with dental cement, available in dental repair kits sold in drugstores, can dull the pain until you see the dentist.
When you have an emergency, get in touch with the dentists at Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry in Norfolk, MA, right away. Call your emergency dentists, Dr. Minda Sapir and Dr. Shabtai Sapir, at (508) 850-6992 to schedule your emergency appointment.