Posts for tag: pediatric dentistry
Like all good habits, strong oral hygiene habits and routines are usually established in childhood. From regular trips to the dentist to brushing and flossing, introducing children to the benefits of practicing good oral hygiene and preventive dental care will set them up for healthy teeth and gums for a lifetime. Dr. Minda Sapir and Dr. Shabtai Sapir offer general and pediatric dentistry services for the entire family at Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry in Norfolk, MA.
Pediatric Dentistry in Norfolk, MA
According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, you should take your child for their first dental exam when the first tooth erupts, or by their first birthday. Despite the fact that primary (baby) teeth are temporary, they still need to be cared for like permanent teeth to prevent tooth decay and dental problems in the future.
How to Get Your Children Excited About Oral Hygiene and Dental Care
Getting your children excited about brushing their teeth and flossing is the first step in making a good oral hygiene routine stick. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Buy them a toothbrush that they will love to use, and replace it every few months on a regular basis
- Teach them how to floss and proper brushing techniques by using yourself as an example, and make it an event that you do together so that they will look forward to the activity every day
- Buy age-appropriate toothpaste
- Schedule dental checkups for the entire family at the same time if possible to help ease anxiety about going to the dentist, and to establish a routine
- Encourage them to eat healthy snacks and to keep up with their brushing and flossing routine by creating fun incentives that make it feel more like accomplishing a goal than keeping up with a chore
Find a Pediatric Dentist in Norfolk, MA
For more oral hygiene tips and preventive dentistry services for the entire family, contact Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry by calling (508) 850-6992 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Minda Sapir or Dr. Shabtai Sapir.
Caring for your child's smile is a privilege and a responsibility. At Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry, we take your youngster's oral health very seriously and partner with you, the parents, in maintaining a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. Your pediatric dentist in Norfolk, Dr. Shabtai Sapir, is highly trained and experienced in pediatric dentistry. Alongside general dentist Dr. Minda Sapir, they offer a comprehensive list of preventive, restorative and cosmetic services, you can trust them with your child's well-being.
What we offer
At Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry, the doctors and their team offer an amazing range of services, beginning when your little one gets his or her first baby tooth. Preventive exams and hygienic cleanings are gentle, careful and thorough, watching for gum disease, decay, dental bite development and alignment issues.
And, each service offered is fear-free, accomplished in a child-centered, fun atmosphere. The dental team offers state of the art sedation options, too, for complex restorative procedures and to ease the nervous or special needs child.
Included in the list of treatments are:
- Oral exams, hygienic cleanings and digital X-rays
- Braces (initial evaluation happens by age seven as advised by the American Association of Orthodontists)
- Plastic sealants to coat and protect deeply grooved molars from decay
- In-office fluoride treatments to prevent cavities and reduce dental sensitivity
- Dental crowns to even bite or save damaged teeth
- Laser Dentistry- Tongue ties and Frenectomies
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Tooth-colored fillings to restore decayed teeth seamlessly
- Composite resin bonding to repair chips, small gaps and cracks
What's most important
Of course, your Norfolk pediatric dentist always supports the healthy eating and oral health care habits taught in the home. These include:
- Offering (and modeling) a tooth-friendly diet (fruits, vegetables, plenty of water, dairy products for calcium and lean meats for protein)
- Brushing and flossing children's teeth for them until they have the dexterity and discipline to do it independently
- Supervising the oral hygiene habits of older children
- Making sure children wear mouth guards when playing sports (including running and other non-contact activities)
We can help
Together, you and the team at Norfolk Family & Pediatric Dentistry can keep your children smiling for years. If you have any questions or concerns about your youngster's oral health, or if there's a dental emergency, please contact the office right away at (508) 850-6992.